Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Crabbies Recipe- A family favorite!

I dont know about you but when my family gets together for parties, we all usually bring a different dish. Usually we have one main thing (such as cooked ham, beans or maybe meatballs) and maybe a chowder. The rest of the food are appetizers/munchies things. We figure that since we'll be eating all day anyway, why do we need a big main course. Today's recipe is a family favorite. This food is actually fought over at family parties. You have to be on your toes when they are served, otherwise you're missing them and then have to beg for my mom to make more. Who knew a food could cause unhappy people? My mom is the maker of these. Sometimes she gets calls from my cousins weeks in advance to request this food.  It's a perfect appetizer though! Different than your normal veggies and fruit or chips or something. 


This is the only picture on the internet I could find that looks normal and most like it. The shape is the same but the top where the cheese is is different than how the recipe I'm posting is. Trust me, its going to be good!!!


Ingredients:
1 can crabmeat (drained)
8 oz cheese whiz
4 generous tsps Miracle Whip
¼ lb butter softened
 ¼ tsp seasoned salt and pepper
2-3 dashes garlic powder

 1 package English Muffins

Directions:
  • Blend all ingredients together.
  •  Split the English Muffins in half and spread mixture over each half
  • Cut each half into quarters. 
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.  
  • Enjoy!!

Linking up for Taste of Tuesday with Ashley and Jessica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love crab meat so I bet I would like these! Love finding new appetizer recipes! Thanks for linking up with us!

Aleshea said...

I'm gonna have to try these. They look so good

heydanixo said...

Not a fan of miracle whip but these look so good!

Letters from a Mermaid said...

I love when you put recipes up.....because I HAVE TO MAKE THEM! :)

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs