Wednesday, February 5, 2014

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

One of the things I love best about reading blogs is the diversity of posts. From fashion, to make up, to mom hood, to celebrity gossip/TV, and to serious. There are so many different kinds of topics out there! Because of these topics, I've been introduced to so many new things. While I appreciate getting that opportunity, I also like to get to know the blogger. Not the blogger who is showing off her outfit of the day or the one who did a DIY project, but the actual blogger. In my blogging posts I like to be real sometimes, serious and share a true meaningful experience I've come across. I like to express my thoughts and show who I am as a person. And that's what I like to see from others sometimes, the real them.

So today I've decided to try something new. I've mentioned before that I have family members who have a blog as well..They post so many wonderful tips and tricks for being successful and having a great life. One of the posts they did was "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind." These questions are unique and very different.  So I thought, what a better way to get to know each other! This series will be 5 weeks long, with 10 questions every Wednesday. 


Which is worse, failing or never trying? Definitely never trying! That's something my parents have always tried to instill within me - you never know until you try. I've always been the type of person who sticks to my comfort zone and it's been within the last few years that I've decided to take a leap with some things. Even if you do try, will you fail? You might but that's part of life. Failing at something will make you a stronger person and you'll be able to grow and learn from that failure. If we always succeed and never had to work for it or try, life would simply be taken for granted.

What are you most grateful for? I'm grateful for everything. Life is a privilege, not a right. Everything I have come across in my life has brought me to where I am and who I am and I would not change that for the world. My parents, Brian, a roof over my head, all those tough times at school, friends, family, being able to have a nice cell phone and TV. The list could go on and on. 

Why are you, you? This is an interesting one. God has created each of us and has a plan for us. If we believe it, we each have a purpose in life. I'm only 24 so I have a ways to go before I may figure out what that plan is for me but I feel I was put here to help people, to inspire and to change the world. I've had such a great life so far and have been blessed with so many wonderful things and people. I am me because of those things.

Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? What was I mad about? If I was mad because we didn't go out to dinner one night or because some screwed up my organization, then no, that doesn't matter. There are so many times where we get into a state of anger or sadness and swear that this was the worst moment of our lives; get too into the moment to be exact. And then an hour later we sit and ask ourselves "why did I even need to get that mad?" There wasn't a purpose. However, if it was the time I spent 6 months being depressed about the breakup with my boyfriend, then yes, it matters. That experience taught me alot and I am who I am today partially because of it.

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? It's no secret that we would all rather sleep in everyday, right? But if you have a job that you truly love then it's so worth it. I have a cousin who just started her dream job Monday. She has said that she is willing to work long hours and do everything expected of her because she is so passionate about it and is beyond blessed for the opportunity. We aren't all luckily enough to find the career we really want but if you are, enjoy it and love it. For myself, when my time comes to find my "dream job", as long as I know I'm making a different for someone, I will be truly happy.

Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? I do not push it more than once. Funny story: back in 2007 a bunch of us went to Disney. The first night there we chilled in the hallway by the elevator because there was a nice little hammock to sit on. Two of my little cousins wanted to go explore the other floors of the hotel. By pressing buttons so much, they broke the elevator. 

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? There's so much advice I've given to my cousins who are at all different ages but to a newborn I'd say: Live life, take chances, experience everything you can, give more than you take, love unconditionally and be grateful. Life is short so feel blessed you are here. 

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I'd only have 16 years left! I think I'd like to experience more. Go out of my comfort zone, explore the world, do things that I'm scared to do; simply just live life to the fullest. You only live once so why not make the most of it!

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with someone who lives right near you. This is actually the case for me and the two best friends (who are twins) I had all throughout school. We met in kindergarten and they live 3 houses away. We were inseparable. We made up concerts to Backstreet Boy songs, crushed on the same boys, would spend ours downstairs in our "clubhouse" just chatting, went on vacations together. We kind of drifted during high school but started to reconnect a few years ago but it's still not the same. I could walk down the street right this minute to say hello but I don't because we don't do that anymore. It's something I miss every single day. The knowledge that they are just 20 steps away.

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? I really think we are afraid because of what other people will think. Now a days, we base our decisions alot on what others will think or say. We want to please everyone but that's not always the case. We're afraid to have the word "failure" attached to our name. It's about taking the first step which is such a hard thing to do. 


How would you answer these questions?
*Note - I wasn't sure if I should turn this into a link up. Let me know if you'd be interesting in answering the rest of the questions!

4 comments:

Letters from a Mermaid said...

Life is short so feel blessed you are here...you couldn't have said it better. You are such a wise and beautiful friend!!!!

Tiffany Anne said...

I would love to answer these questions, and I think you should do a link up - why not? lol. I agree that I like to see more about the actual blogger. There are a ton of blogs out there on fashion, traveling, food, makeup, reviews etc. (please don't take this the wrong way because I do love these blogs!) but I wish there was more "real life" behind it.

Liyana Z said...

i love this post. really inspiring. :) thanks.

Ren said...

I answered them.. Gonna do it next week too..
I had run out of inspiration, thanks for giving me something to post!
http://renslilyblog.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs