Wednesday, February 19, 2014

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - Week 3

Hello friends and happy Wednesday! It's time for another installment of "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind" Thank you to the few who have joined in to answer them! They are such reflective type questions yet let you learn a little something about each other. I'm considering making this a permanent link up every Wednesday and I'd love you to tag along!


1. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? 
We all have a list of things we'd like to do in our lifetime. Some of them are realistic and some could possibly be but, unless we really live life and chase that dream as hard as we can, they probably wont happen. If I feel satisfied in what I've done, I think that's all that matters.

2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Working and interacting with people. I've said before that if I can inspire someone or help someone I feel I've done what I've set out to do. that's why I've chosen to go into the Psychology field. I want to encourage people when they are having troubles in their life, celebrate things they've accomplished and remind them that someone is there to listen.

3. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
This is one of those questions where I don't really know what I'd do until I was actually in the situation. I'm the type of person who believes people are entitled to their own opinion and someone who doesn't like to make a situation worse and have drama. I think I would respectively state that this girl is a good friend and that I would appreciate if they did not say hurtful things about her without really getting to know her. 

4. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? 
this question reminds me of a scene in Gilmore Girls where Dean tells Max that if the girls do something that seems crazy it's really not and that their thinking because clear later on.  For myself though, I'm not sure if insanity is the word but there have been many times that someone has posed a though or idea and it seems kind of crazy. I've realized though that, actually, a crazy thought to me might not be to that person. We all have different interest and different ideas and sometimes it's good to trust that person. You never know what could come out of it!

5. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Sometimes it is possible but I think that there are so many aspects to a situation that actually we probably don't always know the truth 110% Life would be way to easy if we always knew the truth

6. If not now, then when? 
Good question! This is something I've been asking myself alot lately. There have been goals that I've been wanting to achieve but either find excuses not to get started with them or am too afraid to take a leap and try. Life is short and I'm not getting any younger. We can't truly experience life if we keep saying "I'll do it later"

7. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Probably yesterday. I used to be the type of person that was always busy. Mostly doing things around the house and trying to please everyone that I rarely took any breathers for myself. I'd build up emotions inside and would get exhausted but wouldn't stop. Within the last year I've realized that it's important to take time for myself. When Brian is at work I take time to myself in my room. I shut the door, put on some show and just relax. Some people like to let off stress by going to the gym or something but for me, being able to take a deep breath an have quiet really helps. 

8. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I'd say I'm making them myself but with others guidance. Brian and I had a time frame of when we wanted to get married but my parents want us to wait until I finish school. While technically it's our decision, I know they are right. We don't have enough money and I really should finish school. I think sometimes people in their 20s feel that they know what decisions are best for them and while that may be true for many, it's always helpful to have someone who kind of guides your decision. People who are experienced and have been in the same situation are great helpers

9. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? 
It's hard for me personally not to live the same day over because I can't go out like others can. Because of that though I like to wake up everyday with an open mind and enjoy new things we do everyday even if they are small. 

10. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Again, nothing in this world can really be black and white. Things change every minute of everyday. 

How would you answer these questions!
Once I decide if I'm going to keep this going I'll put a place to link up. 
   

3 comments:

Tiffany Anne said...

I answered them :)

Ren said...

I'm about to answer them.. But what happened to part 2?

Ren said...

Oops.. I found it. Sorry..

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs