Wednesday, February 26, 2014

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

Happy Wednesday! I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. For once it seems, we haven't had a true snow storm (and by true I mean more than an inch or two) in a few days so that's been a bonus. We're having some today though. Despite that and my lack of motivation, I'm bringing you another installment of "50 Questions To Free Your Mind"

1. What is worth the pain? 
Living life. There are so many things we don't do because we're either afraid or are nervous about what the outcome will be, and then we regret it later. Sure, things might not go the way you wanted and you may get hurt but you can learn from that experience. Everything happens for a reason wether we realize it or not.

2. What is the most important lesson your grandparents taught you? 
My cousins and I have all been raised the same. Expect for our personalities, we all have the same beliefe systems and do things the same way. We like to say we were raised differently. We were raised like our parents were and we love it that way. Our grandparents were seriously the greatest. The most giving and wise people we have ever known. There are no words that can fully express what they've taught us. I did share this picture last night on Facebook which can sum it up:

3. What big lesson could people learn from your life? 
To be thankful for everything they have and that even the smallest deed can make someones day. That's one thing I strive to do in my life; inspire people and encourage them. Do I want them to be just like me? No, but I hope that people can see the way I live my life and that they will help spread the love even more!

4. What do you do when nothing else seems to make you happy?
Go into my room to watch TV. Over the past few years I've discovered that simply putting in an episode of Gilmore Girls or watching something I've recorded, makes me relaxed. We all need those few minutes to ourselves to regroup and let out the negativity we are feeling. I'm not someone who likes to close the door and be lazy but those moments I sit alone, are so worth it. 

5. What's something you were given as a child that you still cherish today?
I still ave many things that I was given because they mean so much. I think, though, I cherish a few things I have from my grandparents. My grandmother's favorite song was "somewhere over the rainbow" and she just happened to have a facecloth that is the colors of the rainbow. I took that after they both past away as one of my "remembrance" items. I keep it on my headboard. It seems silly, a facecloth, but whenever I see it, I know she's with me. As for my grandfather, he loved playing cards, so when he passed us grandchildren each got a deck of cards.

6. What recently reminded you of how fast time flies?
It's kind of weird but at least once a week I stop and think, "oh my gosh, that was last weekend?" Sometimes the days go by slow yet it's been a whole week in what seems like an instant. 

7. what's the number one reason your best friend is your best friend?
My best friend is my cousin (male). We've always been extremely close. We are both only children so we share a really special bond. We have been through everything together; more so than you would imagine from cousins. This guy is more like my brother than anything else and we would do absolutely anything for each other. 

8. When was the last time you helped out an elderly person? What did you do?
Yesterday my mom and I were at the grocery store and a very elderly woman (maybe in her late 80s) was shopping and using an automatic chair. She was trying to reach something on the very top shelf and many people just walked by. We stopped and got what she needed for her. I have never seen someone so grateful. Those are the moments that make my day complete. 

9. What do you think about almost every day?
Life and the future. Brian always says not to worry about this or that but it's really hard. I know there are so many things i can do but it's just getting there that's the problem. I worry about things that haven't even happened yet. I feel though, that's a great step in preparing for what's to come. I think about the good and the bad and feel that I am more ready for the things to come because I've taken the free time I have to reflect.

10. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
Here's a fun one! Although my answer is simple: chocolate. I know it's not good for you, depending on what it is, but I feel that having chocolate once a day can fix anything. 

How would you answer these?! I'd love to know

5 comments:

Tiffany Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Anne said...

I answered these too on my blog, as always. I know this winter has been tough, but the first day of spring is March 20th. It will be here before we know it!

Ren said...

I answered them too :)

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

Come link up your tip 5 things you cannot live without! Showered With Design

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs