Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Bright Sunshiny Day

If you were/are like me, a still-semi newbie to this blogging world, you get a little disappointed if your post doesnt get a comment. You know it's true a little right? This blog is for you, sure, and not everyone can relate to each of your posts, but when you have followers, it's nice to know they like reading your posts and like connecting with you. For the past month or two I havent felt connected in this community or to bloggers, I'll admit it. So when Sarah from Sweet Happenings emailed me that she had nominated me for the Sunshine Award, I kind of did a happy dance :)


sunshine-award

The idea of the award is to nominate 10 bloggers whose posts brighten your day.

The Rules
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them!


Questions from Sarah: 

1. What's one city you visited that you DIDN'T like and why?
Probably Brian's hometown. I've said it to Brian a million times and while I liked living with his family, the location wasnt for me. It's a big city. Brian's family lived about 2 streets from downtown. Downtown was basically the most direct way to get anywhere, which meant there was non stop traffic at all hours of the day. Way too disorganized and busy for me! I'm not a city girl. I need space. 

2. What's your favourite clothing store?
Kohl's hands down. While their prices may be a little more, I always find wonderful things. Plus the coupons and Kohl's cash are the best!

3. If I gave you $500.00 right now, what would you go buy?
I honestly cant think of much I'd want. I'm a simple girl and while some things I own may be way out of style, I'm happy with it and dont need anything fancy. I'd give some to my parents and save the rest. 

4. What's the population of the city you currently live in?
Oh geez. That's a good one! I just looked it up and it says as of 2012 it was 86,933

5. What's your favourite scent?
Anything at Bath and Body works. OK maybe not everything. I love fruity things. Lip gloss, candles, lotion. I have a very sensitive smell so a fruit scent is one of the only type (except for pumpkin and vanilla) that I can tolerate. 

6. Would you prefer to live in the city or suburbs? 
Again, look at question 1. Totally suburbs! 

7. Are you a morning person or night owl? Night owl. I have to take medicine at night due to a problem with migraines that started back in senior year of high school so it makes me sleep in later

8. What was your favourite childhood show that you can remember?
I think Zoom would be near the top of the list. Brian and I actually watched an episode on Youtube one day just for fun! :)

9.  Do you prefer swimming or skiing?
Swimming! I have no idea how to ski. I'm lame, I know!

10. How long have you been blogging for? 
Since February!


Questions for my nominees: 
1. If you had to choose only one, what would your favorite Fall activity be?
2. What is your favorite part about the blogging world?
3. When you moved in with your hubby/boyfriend/fiance, what was the biggest change for your relationship?
4. Red wine or white wine?
5. Tell us about your parents and/or siblings. Bonus points for a picture! 
6. If you had the means, what would be your number one jewelery pick?
7. You just got your dream job but it means moving. Which state would you want this job to be in?
8. So many shows have come back! Whats your favorite?
9. Embarrassment? Tell us about a childhood one. 
10. Favorite junk food item?

My nominees are:
Ashley @ Lets Get Bananas
Ashley @ Hell0 Ashley
Kate and Adam @ The "florkens"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs