Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What did you do for New Years?

January 2nd already?! Crazy! I have a feeling this year will fly by. I plan to soak up every memory I can, focus on the moment at hand instead of worrying about what comes next, reflect every chance I get and spend as much time with loved ones as I can!

For today though, I'm happy to say it's our first day of Inspire me 2014.

Showered With Design



Today's prompt is simple:
What did you do for New Years?


Well, guys, I'll admit it....we didn't really do anything. As much as I'd love to say we "partied hard", that's something that will only be in my dreams. While we were blessed to be together at the time the ball dropped, two parents who work opposite shifts and long hours makes for a lazy night. Sure, Brian and I could choose to go out but both of us choose not to drink and would much rather cherish the moments at home. My dad, Brian and I went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner though. So much good food!




We then came home and watched some TV and waited for my mom to come home. She was hoping to get out at 11pm but didn't get out until 11:30 and made it home with 15 minutes to spare before midnight! Life of a (charge) nurse! We watched the ball drop and pretty much went to bed. 

I spent some time reflecting on past New Years Eves when I was younger. My parents would go out while I would go to my grandmothers. It was always so special because it was a night we looked forward to every year. She's lived alone since my grandfather died in the 80s so she didn't have anyone to share the celebration with. No matter who it is, I believe it's better to be together on New Years. To reflect on the past year and make wishes for the upcoming year. I'd get all snuggled in one of her blankets, we'd make popcorn and watch the party in New York. I'll never forget how excited I'd get the moment the ball dropped and the confetti came down. I guess I thought something magical would happen. Oh, the minds of children! 

Although nothing exciting really happened, I wouldn't change it for the world and can't wait to see what 2014 has in store!

Now, it's your turn! Tell us what crazy things you did :)

Inspire Me 2014 - Day 1






3 comments:

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

Yay so glad to start the Inspire Me 2014! xo


Showered With Design

Letters from a Mermaid said...

I did nothing but eat crab and shrimp and salmon...womp womp ahah :)

Katherine said...

cute blog! would love for you to join in on the Healthy Habits e-Party!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Let me know if you want more info : )

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs