Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend recap

Ahh, it's Monday again!! I would say blah to it because you h ave finals in just one week bu with all this beautiful weather we had this weekend and will have today and tomorrow, I couldnt help but wake up smiling and in a good mood!! I hope you all had a adventure full weekend :)

Our weekend had some exciting moments but also was laid back spend in the sun. And unfortunately, I dont really have many pictures for you, just thoughts



Saturday
This was spent around the house. Brian and I took Bailey for a long long which he loved. My dad and I then picked up my grandmother and took her to meet my mom and aunt at a scrapbooking convention. The there of them have been making cards/doing scrapbooking for about 10 years. They've been to so many classes/conventions I've lost count. It's fun though. I've helped out and although I'm not overly creative its ok because this type of stuff is far game. Do any of you make your own cards or scrapbook?

Then we went to Market basket. I had going to the grocery store. I dont mind shopping for it but the people. Sometimes they can just be rude and impatient. It actually amazes me. anyone else feel this way?

We came home and did some yard work. My parents love to plant. They have a garden and an arboretum (spelling?) Now that I'm getting older I actually dont mind helping. We grow tomatoes, cumbers and many other things. I also love the flowers they plant..nothing says summer like flowers :


AT night, i made some taco dip and we watched The Impossible. Anyone else watch it? It was amazing to see how a city could just be wiped out by one thing but then again it was so so sad thinking about the reality that it could happen to any of us.



Sunday was a good day-
Beautiful again. I got to wear capris and a short sleeve shirt, yay!



Derek Lam for DesigNation Chambray Capris


They werent these exact capris but similar. Have I mentioned I love Kohls?


I'm also loving this from their site
'


Chaps Tiered Chambray Skirt




My dad made steak on the grill for lunch. First grilling experience of the season. I dont know about you, but thats another reason I love summer

Then....we went to look for a new car for my mom! Hers is an '04 and so it was definitely time. She wanted a CRV and thats what she got!






Photo by krissygirl13













Let me just say, buying a car takes forever. We got there at about 2:15. We knew what we wanted from the start. I was a matter of color. We picked the color by 3:30. We didnt leave the lot until 6:45. They took the car to get polished and all at about 5:00 but were backed up so at 5:30 we were told it would be another hour. They gave us a gift card to Ruby Tuesdays (do they have those where you all live?) and so we had dinner! Yum! I always love new cars, and the smell of them :)


Two bullet points that were great things that happened:

  • Brian got home from work and was talking to his sister. We spend 10 extra minutes talking to our niece. She can say hi and a few other things. Just listening to her try to form words is amazing. We basically just kept saying hi to her and she'd try to kiss the phone! She spent alot of time looking for the cat too so that was funny. Just getting these little chats makes our day!
  • My cousin FINALLY got engaged. She's been with her boy for over 10 years. We didnt even think they'd get married. Kind of excited :)


So there's our adventures. I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!




Linking up with SarahMollyLeeann and Sami




7 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend! And yay for Kohl's shopping! We had that in common :)

Thanks for linking up for MMG!

Alex[andra] said...

Yay I can finally comment! Sounds like a busy weekend! I remember going car shopping with my dad when I was a kid and being bored out of my mind. I do love that new car smell though. :)

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

What a great weekend! Glad it was full of sunshine :)

heydanixo said...

we have Ruby Tuesday's down here but I don't like them lol I don't know I have just never been impressed.

Unknown said...

I seriously *love* Kohls!

Kristen said...

Kohls is my weakness. While I've bought a shirt or two at Old Navy or somewhere like that, I go to Kohls %99.9 of the time. These clothes do cost more but I feel that the quality is better. Can quality be better at some stores and not others? Hm, maybe I shouldnt put it that way. I also love coupons. Cant go wrong!

Jennifer Hays said...

Congrats to your cousin! I like to make cards but I don't really scrapbook. Cards are really fun though; I have a little bit of a washi tape problem. Hee hee. I love that skirt, very feminine. Hope your mom enjoys her new car!

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs