Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Wrap up!

This morning my mom told me to take all our nice Christmas cards down. So, what did I do? I hid in the other room/took forever (maybe not that long..) to get ready so I didn't have to do it. Last Friday I sat on Blogger seeing everyone post about how family and friends have come and gone and how they're trying to get back into the swing of the real world. I'll admit that I kind of felt proud knowing we still had two Christmas celebrations in our future.

Friday night we met up with my aunt, uncle and cousins at one of our favorite restaurants to exchange gifts. It's always so fun to hang with them! We only exchange with them and not any other aunts/uncles because of godchild/godparent things. It's nice, though, because it's more meaningful! We spent 2 1/2 hours laughing, playing the game "heads up" (yes, we aren't exactly the most formal family even in restaurants), and eating delicious food. We ended the night visiting the house with the amazing lights again. They took them all down the next day...crazy! Saturday we spent the day with my mom's side of the family and once again made amazing memories! 

But now Christmas  has gone. I'm still holding onto the fact that we're keeping our tree/decor up until the weekend. It's been a great year and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! Next celebration? My birthday in just two short weeks!




*Stay tuned!*
Later on today I'll be posting the info for the 


which is the blog everyday challenge I have created! Let us come together as bloggers and as friends to make the start of 2014 great! 


2 comments:

Katie said...

We played heads up with our cousins too! So fun!

Unknown said...

I love that you hid in your room to prolong Christmas! In case your mom asks you to throw out those Christmas cards get her to take a peek here to prolong their life too http://www.ritewhileucan.com/recycling-your-christmas-cards/

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs