Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter wonderland shenanigans

What a winter wonderland weekend! We got a bunch of snow Saturday night so we made ourselves comfy and pretty much stayed home the whole weekend and did some Christmas type stuff

Friday:
It was a cloudy day and we got some dustings of snow. My dad, Brian and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner..always so so good!

I love our snowflake lights!

It doesn't look appetizing in the picture, I know. The lighting is dark in there so it's hard to get a good picture. They have the BEST salads!


Saturday:
Day of the snow. Dad and I did a few errands in the afternoon. Let me just say, preparing for a snow storm plus Christmas shopping makes for too many people. It was crazy how careless of others many of them were! We spent the night in front of the TV and doing some Christmas stuff. My mom had to work so we headed out around 11pm to go pick her up because it was terrible to drive on her own. We've been doing this for years if we get snow on a day she works. I always look forward to it! Late at night, driving, watching the snow fall and listening to music is just perfect! We listened to a Vince Gill Christmas CD. By far my favorite!


Nothing but snow picking up my mom!


We love our bank and when they give us hats!


Sunday:
Dad and I hung around. I know, so boring! Honestly though, it was nice to know I didn't have to worry about school work and I could enjoy a relaxing day.

Post snow. We have a bunch of trees behind our house so it's nice to see the snow on them!

Apparently Santa already has his mind made up about Bailey's behavior this year...

\
Santa is right too. This little guy slept almost all day. Reason? He figured out how to open my mom's work bag to get the left over sub roll (just the bread) my mom was bringing back to work



Have a wonderful Monday friends!




5 comments:

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Hey love!!! So excited that your doing the challenge too! btw I'm blogging at a new space :)
http://likeamorningcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Bailey is such a stinker! I can't believe he went after that sub. He definitely needs those shirts! They are adorable and I may need to get me one for my little man! FYI: Those roads don't look like fun. Glad I don't have to drive on them!

Unknown said...

Heyy, I saw that you are also doing the I love your blog! .
Maybe we could follow each other?

Feel free to check out of my blog http://afhblogging.blogspot.co.uk/

~Abbie x

Natalie said...

Saw you're doing the 2014 blogger challenge , me also! Can't wait to read your posts :)

Natalie xx
www.nataliecatherine.blogspot.co.uk

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

Thanks so much for linking up with me :)

showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs