Zucchini and Carrot
- Preheat oven to 220 C/425 F
- Cut your veg into 8-cm/3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
- SEASON – go with the usual salt&pepper and branch out to one or two of the following (Choose Your Own Adventure-style): paprika, cumin, cayenne, crushed red peppers, thyme, rosemary, sage – really, whatever takes your fancy and suits your meal. Using premixed spice blends is a great option too – Italian, Mexican, Old Bay – you know, just not all at once. Lightly toss your vegetable batons with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (not too much) and the herbs and spices.
- Spread your seasoned veg over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2-1/4 pounds), trimmed and cut into florets
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer, in a single layer, to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately Yield: 6 servings.
- 3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into bite size cubes and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour over the potatoes along with the olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Add more sugar or cinnamon if desired. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Stir the sweet potatoes once or twice during roasting. Enjoy.
- (30) Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt (I like a lot of salt. You can reduce this amount to suit your taste.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sprouts, remove outer leaves and place in a 19" x 11" roasting pan.
- Drizzle sprouts with olive oil until lightly coated. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place pan in preheated oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes turning occasionally. Remove from oven when outer leaves are golden brown.